Whilst going green is good for the planet, it is also good for our health. Did you know there are many health benefits with going green? In this article, we will have a brief look at what some of these health benefits are.
Reducing The Use Of Energy
Most energy comes from fossil fuels. Fossil fuels cause many problems. There are many health benefits when it comes to reducing energy and using alternate energy. Some of these health benefits are as follows:
- Breath Easier. Allergies, asthma and lung cancer are often caused by pollution. By going green, we will not only clean the air space, but we will be able to breath easier.
- A Healthier Heart. Cardiac problems and heart disease are often caused by fossil fuels. Making the most of green energy will actually help you to have a healthy heart.
- Let The Sun Shine In. Rather than using lights all the time, open the curtains or blinds and let the sun shine in instead. Not only the cost of electricity reduce, but the health benefits that come from the sun will also help you. Natural lighting will improve your calcium intake. It will also improve your mood and overall health.
Change Transportation Habits
Not only will changing your transportation habits reduce pollution, but it will also improve your overall health.
- Ride A Bike. Riding a bike to work or other places will give you some good exercise. Your heart health will also improve. Riding a bike can also help you to lose weight.
- Use The Bus. Using public transport will not only cut down pollution, but you will also get exercise whilst walking to and from the stops.
- Appreciate Nature. Whilst you are walking or riding a bike, you also have opportunity to appreciate the nature around you. Spending time outside will increase concentration, improve your mood, and reduce fatigue.
A lot of products you have at home have some sort of chemicals in them. This can have an impact on your health. To improve your health try doing the following.
- Use Healthier Household Cleaners To Clean With. Most cleaning products have chemicals in them that can be harmful. Respiratory problems and headaches can occur if these are used a lot. If you stop using these, and use non-toxic household cleaner instead, you should soon notice a difference.
- Be Wary Of Plastic Containers. Research has shown that some plastic containers can cause fertility problems. If we store food in these containers this can damage our health. Always use containers that are environment friendly. This will reduce the harmful effects such containers have on your health.
- Consider Your Paint. Did you know many paints let compounds into the air once opened? These compounds can be harmful. Be sure to choose high-quality paint if you are painting your home. Make sure it has low-incidence with volatile compounds. This will help you to breath easier and reduce headaches.
These are just some of the health benefits that come with going green. Why not give them a go sometime and see if there is any difference? It will be worth it in the long run.